Small Group Medical Teaching is challenging and rewarding. When performed well, it allows clinicians to guide their own learning and rephrase the material in their own words. They can clarify questions with the facilitator and their peers and synthesise new concepts and slot them into their existing experience to build new linkages.
This course will show you the breadth of options available so that you may choose the most suitable option for yourselves, your topic and your learners through lessons on:
- General features and components of small group teaching
- Teacher and learner characteristics for successful small group learning
- Type 1 – Seminars and large group tutorials
- Type 2 – Problem based Learning
- Type 3 – Enquiry based Learning
This course gives you a membership for 90 days from purchase.
Continuing Professional Development
This course qualifies for ACEM CPD points for 4hrs of learning under the Self Directed learning Category, Online educational activity and enter your own activity “eduacute Small Group Medical Teaching course”.
We suggest that domains ticked are Scholorship and Teaching, Medical Expertise, Communication and Professionalism.
We are in the process of having this course accredited for CPD points for ACRRM and other colleges.
- Junior doctors
- General Practitioners
- Allied health clinicians
- and anyone who teaches clinicians and wants to improve their approach