By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, all applicable laws and regulations and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing our website. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. These Terms of Service also apply to Faculty providing teaching services to eduAcute Pty Ltd and other staff engaged by eduAcute Pty Ltd.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to access materials on eduAcute Pty Ltd’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by eduAcute Pty Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format. Under this license you may not:
- modify or copy any materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on eduAcute Pty Ltd’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- copy protected content in any way, shape or form including but not limited to taking screen captures of content;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
The materials on eduAcute Pty Ltd’s website are provided “as is”. eduAcute Pty Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, eduAcute Pty Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site, although it does make any reasonable effort ensuring content is accurate.
In no event shall eduAcute Pty Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on eduAcute Pty Ltd’s Internet site, even if eduAcute Pty Ltd or a eduAcute Pty Ltd authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on eduAcute Pty Ltd’s web site could include grammatical, content, technical, typographical, or photographic errors. eduAcute Pty Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. eduAcute Pty Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. eduAcute Pty Ltd does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials, but makes any reasonable effort ensuring content is accurate. However, such changes will not affect the terms applicable to sales that were concluded prior to the date the revised Terms of Service were posted. If any part of these Terms of Service are for any reason unenforceable, that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service.
eduAcute Pty Ltd takes all care to ensure that courses are of the highest possible standards and quality and that all advertised details are correct at the time of the event however, when circumstances beyond our control prevail, eduAcute Pty Ltd reserves the right to change course details including but not limited to course content, structure, faculty, location, duration and fees.
eduAcute Pty Ltd has implemented automated link checking functionality to validate all links used on our website and eduAcute Pty Ltd is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by eduAcute Pty Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to eduAcute Pty Ltd’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Queensland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
10. Registration Policy
The eduAcute Pty Ltd registration policy is as follows:
- Registrations must be made using the eduAcute Pty Ltd website
- Registrations are made for eduAcute Pty Ltd events which include, but are not limited to courses, workshops and seminars
- Fees advertised are exclusive of GST.
- Fees are to be paid in full at the time of registration using the eduAcute Pty Ltd preferred payment system(s).
- Registrations are not transferable.
- Cancellation by eduAcute Pty Ltd
- eduAcute Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a course if circumstances arise that lead to performance of the event becoming practicably impossible.
- eduAcute Pty Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any changes to or cancelling or rescheduling of a course.
- If a course is cancelled or rescheduled, eduAcute Pty Ltd will make every effort to as soon as practicable notify every registered person of any changes.
- If eduAcute Pty Ltd cancels a course or if eduAcute Pty Ltd reschedules a course and the registered person is unable to attend the rescheduled course, a full refund will be issued within 30 days of the cancellation or rescheduled course date.
- A tax receipt is issued by eduAcute Pty Ltd ABN 77 604 956 792 and emailed to the nominated email address.
- Any disputes in relation to invoicing must be made by email within five working days of receipt of the invoice.
- eduAcute Pty Ltd does not provide refunds for cancellations subject to any terms specified in these Terms of Service.
- eduAcute Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel a registration at all times.
- If eduAcute Pty Ltd cancels a course all paid registrants will be notified.
- Cancellation by you the registrant
- Cancellations must be made in writing.
- Registrants who cancel:
- 28 days or more from the course start date will receive a course credit note of 40% of the course fee paid.
- between 28 and 7 days out from the course start date will receive a course credit note of 20% of the course fee paid.
- less than 7 days out from the course start date forfeit the entire course fee paid.
- A credit note can be used once for any of the eduAcute Pty Ltd courses (personal and online), publications etc. and is valid for the twelve (12) months after the date of issuing the credit note.
- Registrants must immediately notify eduAcute Pty Ltd in writing of changes to registrant details, including but not limited to contact details such as contact number and email address and failure to do so may result in eduAcute Pty Ltd not being able to contact the registrant which may result in eduAcute Pty Ltd cancelling the registration.
- eduAcute Pty Ltd reserves the right to issue a credit note or provide any other type of refund to any registrant considering the specific circumstances of each case.
- Cancellation by eduAcute Pty Ltd
11. eduAcute Faculty
Faculty accepted by and engaged to provide teaching services for eduAcute Pty Ltd must:
- At all times during the provision of the Services represent eduAcute Pty Ltd and eduAcute Pty Ltd only.
- At all times perform the Services for eduAcute Pty Ltd in a professional and ethical manner.
- Not express any personal statements or personal opinions that may be harmful to the reputation of eduAcute Pty Ltd.
- Sign and return email the Faculty Agreement.
12. eduAcute Publications Use Policy
eduAcute Pty Ltd publishes books online. Books published are only accessible by registered users who have paid the required subscription fee for the duration of the subscription. eduAcute Pty Ltd does not guarantee that the content in any of its books is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded, eduAcute Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any of its books.
The term “books” also includes any extract from our books such as, but not limited to, extracted Stems or extracted Suggested Answers Structures which are made available online to members who have purchased and completed any online (face-to-face) course sessions (such as Skype).
IP addresses of digital devices that access our books, which can be traced to physical addresses, will be monitored and where ambiguous details are recorded the subscriber will be contacted to explain the facts or in some circumstances access may be revoked immediately.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- eduAcute Pty Ltd books must only be accessed online by registered users.
- One subscription allows access by the registered user to open one book online from two digital devices concurrently (e.g. from an iPad and/or a PC).
- A subscription is valid for a period of twelve (12) months only commencing the date the subscription payment has been received.
- Subscriber passwords may be reset every twelve (12) months for security reasons.
- Unless subsequent subscription payment has been received, the subscription is revoked and access to the book removed.
- Online access may be revoked at any time which does not create a right for compensation by the subscriber.
- Online access is monitored (by IP address) and where unusual patterns are detected the subscriber will be contacted to discuss logins and where no reasonable explanation can be provided, access will be terminated.
- Book content, unless otherwise explicitly excluded, may not be copied and/or reproduced in any way, shape or form, including but not limited to physical print, screen captures/scrapes, saved images, saved documents such as PDF or formatted/plain text.
13. Reminder Notifications
eduAcute Pty Ltd may from time to time send reminder emails to members including, but not limited to, upcoming courses and subscriptions.
14. Use of Coupon Codes
From time to time eduAcute Pty Ltd may issue coupon codes which may give a discount to registered members or new members. Applying a discount code must conform with the terms and conditions of the product it applies to. A product purchased with the coupon discount applied without compliance with the terms and conditions of the product will result in a cancellation of the membership and subscription and no refund will be given to the purchaser, subject to eduAcute Pty Ltd’s discretion to provide a partial or full refund.
Last update: 1 January 2018