The Paediatric Procedures and Emergency Simulation course is a practical and scenario based course that is ideal for those practitioners working in emergency, ICU, paediatrics or primary care (especially in rural practice) that want to brush up on their procedural and general resuscitation skills. Catering for all levels this course will be appropriate for both juniors and seniors who want the opportunity for practice and critiquing in these critical care skills.
This 6.5 hour course is packed full of activities and didactic teaching is minimised, either held in 1 day (in Australia) or a 2-day period (overseas).
The Australia-held course runs from 9AM to 4:30PM.
The overseas courses run as follows:
Day 1 – 3:30PM – 6PM
Day 2 – 4PM – 6PM
The first part of the course focuses on small group workshops which allow plenty of hands on practice and feedback on a range of paediatric and BLS procedures that clinicians often lack adequate exposure to in clinical practice.
A number of these procedures can be used to sign off CPD for consultants in emergency medicine who need to do annual procedural skills maintenance. Procedures that may apply for this include:
- Airway Procedures on child or infant:
- Direct Laryngoscopy
- Insertion cricothyroid needle
- Insertion LMA
- Bag valve mask ventilation child or infant
- Use of a non invasive ventilation device adult
- Use of a non invasive device child
- External chest compressions adult, child or infant
- Newly born resuscitation
- Vascular access umbilical vein
- Scope of Practice:
- BLS child
- BLS adult
- NGT child
- SPA child
- And many more….
The remainder of the course covers simulations which encourage application of these skills and reflective learning with debriefed scenarios by experienced facilitators. Participants will be able to:
- Recognise early deterioration of a patient
- Use their resources effectively to prioritise and guide management of the emergency
- Stabilise and refer emergency presentations to definitive care
This is course is accredited by:
- ACCRM for 10 BLS PDP points + 20 PRPD points + 30 MOPS Emergency Medicine points + a 1 day Emergency Medicine grant
- ACEM 7 hours CPD points and many mandatory procedural skills incl BLS and ALS and Adult and Paeds Airway Procedures
Enter under the Group Learning/Workshop and Training Procedural Skills Based and then + Enter Paediatric Procedures and Emergency Simulation course in the free text box and allocate 7 hours to the course.
|Paediatric Procedures and Emergency Simulation||Perth||1 Aug 20|
|Paediatric Procedures and Emergency Simulation||Bali||12-13 Dec 20|